Tethered jailbreak tool for ios5 and ios5.0.1 is now available. Wondering how is it done? This magic wand is whipped by the release of Ac1dsnow beta1. This enables tethered boot,pwned dfu and exit recovery for your device recovery loop. It was just recently that semi tethered jailbreak was released which is almost smililar to the untethered jailbreak that you know for the older firrmware which incluses the firmware upto iOS 4.3.5 but the bad part is only 1 % of the Cydia apps will work which means only 99% of your jailbreak related apps and tweaks cant be used in this jailbreak which is a bad part of this jailbreak but you can have a try if you want so this is why it is called as the semi-tethered jailbreak else the jailbreaked iOS 5 on iPhone 4S,iphone 4 will reboot like in untethered jailbreak . But now tethered jailbreak is finally available.
Supporting devices of Ac1dSnow Beta1
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 4G
How to jailbreak iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 using Ac2dSn0w Beta 1 ?
- First of all Download Ac2dSn0w Beta 1
- Now simply run it. Now you will have 4 options to choose. they are
- Tethered Boot
- Pwned DFU
- Exit Recovery.
- All you need to do now is just connect your idevice and mac system..
- Now simply turn off your idevice.
- After turning off, tap on show assistant option. After following through the instructions, enter dfu mode.
- Now tap on jailbreak button.
- Again return to dfu mode to click tethered boot option.
Congratulation now your idevice has been jailbroken. Even cydia will be installed. Please note that this beta version does not work on iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Keep tuning in for more updates on this.