Microsoft who has the recently purchased Nokia mobile department for 19 billion and Skype for 8 billion and now the good news came from the sales of the its Gaming console Xbox which was reveled from major Nelson who is the Director of Programming for the Microsoft gaming network Xbox Live who revealed the success story about Xbox 360. According to Nelson there was the enhanced capabilities of Xbox 360 and Kinect which has made huge change in the sales of its Gaming console which can be seen in the stats below which says . Microsoft has now sold more than 55 million Xbox 360 consoles in recent times.
Here is the stats which was released by Major Nelson blog:
- Microsoft has sold 55 million Xbox 360 consoles across 38 countries and sales are accelerating.
- Xbox 360 maintains its lead in the U.S. as the top selling console in 2011, and ten of the past eleven months.
- In the first four months of 2011, Xbox 360 has seen a 29 percent year over year increase in sales, which is more than triple the growth of PlayStation 3 and the largest growth of any console on the market.
- There are now nearly 35 million active Xbox LIVE members worldwide spending an average of almost 60 hours a month on the service.
- Cumulatively Xbox LIVE members are now logging 2.1 billion entertainment hours a month.
As we know if some one raise then some one has to go down and thanks to the PSN network issue which has made Microsoft much happier becasue of the lost of sales and trust as well from the PS3 gaming console from Sony.